Saturday, April 18, 2015

How to Save on Lilly Pulitzer


Last week I posted about how to save at J. Crew, this week I am sharing my tips on how to save on Lilly Pulitzer. Saving money and Lilly Pulitzer are usually not used in the same sentence. Lilly is a preppy girl essential and these are my tips on how to get the most Lilly for less. 

Shop Lilly Pulitzer Sales


Yes, Lilly Pulitzer does have sales, but only twice a year. Twice a year lillypulitzer.com is loaded with TONS of markdowns. These twice yearly sales are called the after party sale. You can sign up for Lilly emails here to get sale alerts. 

Shop Lilly Pulitzer Gift With Purchase Events


Lilly has promotions every few months were you receive a gift with purchase. Some gifts are with any purchase, others you need to spend a certain amount. These types of promotions are usually offered in store and online. Below is one of my recent Lilly purchases from a few weeks ago. I made this purchase during a gift with purchase event. I got a free shell key chain and a scarf! The scarf was only offered with any purchase for an hour. The retail price on it was $98 score!



Shop Lilly at Other Stores


Many other stores carry Lilly Pulitzer such as Nordstrom, Saks Fifth Avenue, and The Pink Pelican. Unlike the Lilly stores, these stores often put Lilly items on sale. I love this dress that is on sale at Nordstrom’s currently for 40% off! Local boutiques in your area might also carry Lilly, so it is worth checking out.

Buy Classic Lilly Pieces


I think Lilly is a classic in the preppy world. However, I try to steer clear of more “trendy” Lilly pieces such as a two piece dress and other similar items that might go out of style in a few seasons. I like to stick to classic cut shorts, shift dresses and neutral tops. When I shop Lilly I like to think to myself “can I wear this several seasons from now”?  

Opt for Lilly Accessories Instead of Clothing


If you are a Lilly Pulitzer lover, but cringe at the price tag on most of the cloths opt for accessories instead. Lilly Pulitzer has some very cute drink tumblers, iphone cases, wristlets, and scarfs that add a pop of Lilly to your outfit and give you your Lilly fix, with out a the huge price sticker. 


Best,

RTM

P.S. The Lilly Pulitzer for Target collection will be in stores and online in less than 24 hours! This is another great opportunity to get Lilly for less and in exclusive prints. 

No comments :

Post a Comment