Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies


This week is my last week of my college winter break. Since I was not working today I decided to spend this cold Minnesota winter day relaxing, so I decided to baked chocolate chip cookies! I stumbled upon a wonderful recipe from the blog Life, Love and Sugar. O.M.G they are the best cookies I have ever made! I spent the rest of my day doing my nails, browsing Pinterest, and catching up on the latest episode of Downton Abbey. I choose to paint my nails in one of my favorite OPI colors, passion. It is a beautiful light ballet pink. 

Here is the recipe for Life, Love and Sugar's thick and chewy chocolate chip cookies!

Ingredients
3/4 cup butter, room temperature
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 3/4 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
Instructions
1. Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
2. Mix in eggs and vanilla extract.
3. With the mixer on low speed, add flour, cornstarch, baking soda and baking powder.
4. Stir in chocolate chips. Dough will be thick.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
6. Measure out each cookie using a 1/4 cup measuring spoon. They should be in the shape of thick discs.
7. Bake for 11-12 minutes. The center of the cookie will still look a little undercooked, but that's ok.
8. Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 1 minute, then remove to finish cooling on a cooling rack.

Best,

RTM

No comments :

Post a Comment