Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Homemade Christmas Cookie Gift Idea


One thing that I love about the holidays is baking cookies. I love to bake cookies while listening to Christmas music watching the snow fall outside. I also like to find cute ways to gift my homemade cookies to family and friends. I found a super cute and easy idea the other day. 

I choose to bake chocolate chip cookies because I gotta say I make a pretty mean chocolate chip cookie! I follow the original Nestle Toll House recipe because I think it is the best recipe out there!

Ingredients you will need:

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 cup butter or margarine, softened (I use butter)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 3/4 cups Nestle Toll House Milk Chocolate Morsels
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Directions: 

1.  Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit 
2. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in a larger mixer bowl until creamy.
3. Add eggs one at a time.
4. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl and then gradually beat into the the creamy mixture.
5. Stir in the morsels
6. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto greased baking sheets.
7. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Cool for a few minutes.

Now that you have baked the cookies, YUM! It is time to do the fun part, decorate your jar.

You will need:

1 mason jar
1 sheet of card stock paper
Ribbon
Glue dots
Printer

Directions:

1. Print out the label for the jar found here
2. Cut out label and use glue dots to secure onto jar.
3. Tie a ribbon of your choice around the neck of the jar.
4. Fill your jar with chocolate chip cookies or a treat of your choice.
5. Gift to someone special in your life!

Best,

RTM

No comments :

Post a Comment